1604 Frenchtown Road Walla Walla, WA 99362
LSH Longshadows Vintners
Nina Rogers email@example.com
Key Club Manager
Dane Narbaitz firstname.lastname@example.org
LEADERSHIP: Dane Narbaitz is President, Allen Shoup founder, and Gilles Nicault the Winemaking Director. Dane has final say.
- This brand is unique because it's based on bringing in guest star winemakers from around the world, to create wine for LongShadows with grapes from the PNW.
- The tone is buttoned-up and elevated but not pretentious, and redefines what email length should be. Think epic. Always personalized letter format, signoff by Dane and Allen, usually. Sometimes Gilles.
- This is a family affair. The founder, Allen Shoup is Dane Narbaitz's stepdad. Sara is married to Dane and oversees email campaigns.
- Gilles is their director of winemaking and oversees Nine Hats wine production as well.
- Sara is a very organized detail oriented person. She prefers to work way in advance and have the campaign locked down and tested early. Try not to push her right up to launch, it's really uncomfortable for her.
- Sara will send all of the bits and pieces in one coordinated email. She's a great candidate for migration to the external Campaign request form.
- Sara does like to talk through campaigns, so often her request will come in completely buttoned up, with a request to have a quick chat.
- Do not be crushed if your copy draft is edited. We have yet to have one make it all the way through without revision, but they are grateful to have something to edit and usually keep the framework provided.
- Sara gets the design and first test, Dane and Nina are added when she thinks it's solid, and often there is a copy tweak or two during the testing round.
- Occasionally Gilles and/or Allen are included on the testing round, and Sara will be explicit about when that needs to happen. Normally it's just Sara (to both of her email addresses), Nina, and Dane.
- They do not enjoy white space and have a very classic symmetrical sensibility. In 2018, they've been wanting to spice it up.
- The winery is in Walla Walla, but Sara and Dane live on the west side.
- History of epic revisions, though Sara tries to be mindful. Please underscore the need to a perfect test before approval.
- In 2017 they launched the Nine Hats Wines tasting room in SODO, and now have a dedicated work space for Nine Hats. You'll see remnants of that launch in the Long Shadows Adestra account..
- Julia's Dazzle Rosé is an odd product that was marketed in email for the first time in 2018, and was marketed both by Nine Hats and Long Shadows with different style skins. It's named for Allen's granddaughter, and made by Gilles.
STYLEGUIDE: EBS In Process
COPY HOME | VOICE
"As the winter snow melts and spring begins to bloom, we are excited to usher in a new season with the release of two Key Club exclusive wines, the 2013 Côté Nicault Rhöne style blend and the inaugural release of our 2011 Sequel Vintage Select BIN 898 Syrah.
Long Shadows wines are made in small lots to allow maximum blending flexibility, and occasionally a few barrels stand out as exemplary of the vintage. When this is the case and the winemaker identifies a reserve quality wine worthy of showcasing, a limited production “Vintage Select” wine is bottled and made available to Key Club members only."
- Vault Key Club
- Cellar Key Club
- Winery Key Club
Discounts: $795 FMC
- They send their Master list to us for import to Master All Subscribers, usually in XLS, which we convert to Windows CSV and import for them. BE SURE TO CLEAR THE LIST BEFORE IMPORT. We clear the old data out of the list, then import the fresh list, mapping Customer Class to 'Contact_Type'. The filters then roll through and create the various dynamic club lists.
- They used to send us modified passwords for display in their emails, but thankfully have stopped doing that. That is the only
- Sometimes they will send an email campaign specific list or an update to the existing Master All Subscribers list.
- Sara would like to refine their send list to and engaged list (currently Master all Subscribers is about 22k and shakes out to 18-19k) and has discussed reengagement with Erica. To my knowledge, this hasn't been implemented yet.
- Email Editor in the works, or as they like to call it "The Mr. Potato Head" Editor.
- EBS in process. We used LSH1805feaPir as the testing ground. Needs to be buttoned up.